Tuesday 17 September 2013

Bangkok - KidZania

A super duper fun place in Bangkok. KIDZANIA. This is a land just for kids between 4 to 14 years old. I am 7 years old, and this place is just for me! Its a miniature town, where we kids, can work and get paid. We can manage our money and spend them on whatever we want! There are many types of jobs, which includes, pilot, petrol station attendant, car mechanic, car salesman, vet, barber, chef, radio DJ, news broadcaster, fireman, doctor, lawyer, law enforcer, delivery man, performer, and many more!
 
I'm at the Fire Department. Let me try to be a fireman. After listening to some instructions and we are all ready! There's a fire at the hotel, we rushed out in the fire engine. I am here to put out fires and save lives! I was paid $8 for my job as a fireman.


 
Now I am opening a bank account, all by myself. Did I forget to mention that, parents can only observe from outside? Well, its a town for the kids, so we had to do everything ourselves. Including banking. Every kid is given $50 seed money when we open an account, we can work and accumulate our money. I requested for an ATM card, and was required to fill up a form.
 

See the ATM machine behind me. Whenever I need money, I can come here to withdraw. I did not have to keep so much cash on me...
 
 
Hmmm, to obtain a driver's licence, I need to pass an eye test. I have to pay $5 for the eye test.
 
 
I'm taking the driving test now. It's not easy, there are many gears which I need to change and keep within the lanes. Nonetheless, I passed! And I had to pay $10 to get my driver's licence.
 
 
Yipee!! With the driver's licence... I can now drive!
 
Next, let me try out to be a delivery man. I collected the parcels from the KZ Express and went around the town delivering them. It's fun. I tried this out 3 times!!  
 
 
 

I got hungry, and decided to work in Mac Donalds. But I had to pay $10 for this, as we'll be making burger... which we can bring back and eat it!

 

I'm still hungry, and I'll make sushi this time. Yeah, I am a sushi chef now! I paid $15 for this.


This is the sushi I made. We used lobster eggs, crabmeat, egg, cucumber, rice and seaweed. It tastes good too!
 
I'm gonna be a doctor this time. Doctor in the Emergency Room (ER). We received a call, and we are off in the ambulance to help the victim!!



I tried other jobs as well. Jobs like car salesman, construction site worker, pilot, wall climber, etc... Before we left, I withdrew all my money I have and spent it at Paragon. As I did not have much money, I only managed to buy two pencils. I am so proud of myself. I was able to work, enjoy and buy things using the money I earned.

Looking forward to KidZania to open in Singapore. Yes! KidZania will be opening in Sentosa, in 2 years' time (2015)!! I wonder if the money we have in our account can be accumulated when we work in KidZania overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment